Cookies are safe and secure and are commonly used by websites.
A cookie typically contains:
- The name of the server the cookie was sent from
- The lifetime of the cookie
- A unique identifier (usually a number)
All websites can send a cookie to your browser if your browser settings allow it. Many websites do this to track online flow.
Types of cookies
Cookies may be categorised on the basis of their life span:
- Session or temporary cookies: these cookies expire when you close your browser or when the session times out
- Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions but have a longer expiration date
Please find below a table detailing the types of cookies used on our website:
Cookies we use
|Cookie title||Purpose||More information|
|Google analytics||We use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience.
User data is all anonymous.
|YouTube||To display videos we use YouTube, embedding the content into our websites.||We are unable to prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.|